What’s The Best VPN For Android?
What is a VPN?
A VPN (Virtual Private Network) is a connection method used to add security and privacy to private and public networks. Initially used by corporations to protect sensitive data, personal VPNs are becoming increasingly more popular. To protect online transactions, have global internet access, prevent identity theft and for privacy. With so many people connecting to Hotspots and Public Wi-Fi via their smartphones and being left susceptible to harm, that leaves the question what is the best VPN for Android? Let’s explore the uses for a VPN and the best VPN for Android on the market.
What does a VPN do?
When you try to access a website on the internet, you start by connecting to your internet service provider (ISP). They redirect you to any websites, or other online resources such as apps that you wish to visit. All your internet traffic passes through your ISP’s servers, which means they can see and log everything you do online. They may even sell your browsing history to advertisers or other third parties. Or hand it over to government agencies.
This is where a VPN comes in. It redirects your internet traffic through a specially configured remote server. This way, the VPN hides your IP address and encrypts all the data you send or receive. The encrypted data looks like gibberish to anyone who intercepts it. Making it impossible to read.
Why do I need a VPN?
Even if you have nothing to hide, nobody likes the idea of being watched and tracked. Online privacy and general security are the main reason why Android users choose VPN services.
When you browse the internet using a VPN, your communications are encrypted. Which means your ISP, the government, hackers and other third parties are not able to see which websites you visit and cannot interfere with your online activities.
Another great thing about using a VPN is that you can access the global internet wherever you are by hiding your IP address.. A VPN allows you to connect to hundreds of remote servers in different locations, bypassing censorship.
The most common reasons you should use a VPN include:
- Use public Wi-Fi regularly
- Travel a lot
- Want to shield your browsing from third parties
- Want to avoid government surveillance
- Are a journalist or political activist
- Use file-sharing services
– You Use Public Wi-Fi Regularly
Using public Wi-Fi, even if it’s password-protected is full of hazard. Hackers can intercept your internet traffic and access your passwords, files and photos. A VPN protects you from any data loss or identity theft. This way you can check your email, update your social media accounts, log into online banking and shop online with full security.
– You Travel A Lot
If you travel often for work, then a VPN can help you access services and content that may not be available in foreign countries. For example, China blocks sites like Facebook and a VPN changes your IP address making it look as though you are browsing from a different location. Essentially granting you access to forbidden sites. This is especially useful for paid subscriptions, allowing you to access all of your favorite content securely.
– You Want To Shield Your Browsing From Third Parties
Even when connected and browsing from your own home’s Wi-Fi, it is still a great idea to use a VPN. For example, you need to purchase your sister-in-law a baby shower gift and don’t want to be targeted with baby ads for the next several months. Or you may simply want to know that you ISP isn’t selling your entire browsing history to the highest bidder. A VPN encrypts your internet traffic and replaces your IP address. It keeps you from leaving an online footprints for your ISP and other third-parties to track.
– You Want To Avoid Government Surveillance
It would be illegal for police officers to search your home without a warrant. Yet government agencies track and collect your browsing activity, messages, social posts, and other private data. They even share this information across country borders. Using a reliable no-logs VPN service gives you a high degree of privacy. It protects you not only from ISP tracking but also from blanket government surveillance.
– You Are A Journalist Or Political Activist
Some countries don’t have the same protections for freedom of the press, speech, and expression that most democratic countries enjoy. Even under the current administration in the United States, journalists have felt threatened for their freedom of speech. People who dare to stand up have to take extra precautions to protect their communications. Some people may try very hard to intercept their communications. Using a VPN provides extra security for such sensitive messages by changing the IP makes it look like they are being received or sent from a different location. This will protect your sources and your most sensitive information.
– You Use File-Sharing Services
P2P (Peer-to-Peer) is one of the fastest and most effective methods to share large sets of data across a network. Many ISPs try to discourage internet users from P2P file sharing. They do so by controlling access to file-sharing websites or setting bandwidth limits. Which slows down their customers’ internet speed and restricts their choices. A VPN makes it much more difficult for your ISP to detect that you are sharing files. It covers your file downloads, uploads, and actual IP address so that you become unidentifiable.
What is the Best VPN for Android?
The best VPN for Android devices is NordVPN. It is clear, intuitive and thumb-friendly. The NordVPN app is tailored to the challenges of the wireless world. Such as connecting instantly, privacy on the go, staying safe on public Wi-Fi, blocking malware and protecting your sensitive data. Never worry again, if you’re on the go and need to log into your online banking to check your balance. NordVPN is mobile VPN at its finest.
Features of NordVPN:
- Quick Connect: Tap the Quick Connect button, and NordVPN’s smart algorithm will find the best possible server option for you at that moment.
- Reliable encryption: Stay safe when browsing on public Wi-Fi or any other network. NordVPN secures your data with military-grade encryption.
- Blazing speeds: NordVPN offers servers in 60 countries, assuring fast and reliable VPN connection wherever you are.
- Experience online freedom: Have secure access to streaming websites, social media, and messaging platforms without censorship.
- Kill Switch: The Kill Switch technology makes sure your sensitive data will not be exposed, not even for a brief moment.
- Get support 24/7: NordVPN’s professional and friendly tech support agents are available to help you anytime you need them.
- 30-day money-back guarantee: Not sure if this is what you need? Take your time to try the NordVPN service completely risk-free.
- Connect up to 6 devices: NordVPN works on all popular platforms, including Windows, macOS, Linux, Android and iOS. You can secure up to 6 devices with a single account, including your smart TV and router.
Protect your privacy with plans starting as low as $2.99 per month.
Don’t let your ISP sell your online footprint to anyone. Use a VPN so you can safely and securely use the web without anyone tracking you. Never fear anyone hacking into your phone’s Wi-Fi when using the best VPN for Android.