Is love real?
You read about it in books; witnessed its magic in movies; listened to its effect on people in songs, but you never thought you’d experience it yourself. And then … one day … it happened. Love. Real love. Grownup love. Eternal love. The kind of deep-down-bottom-of-your-soul love that drove you to say crazy stuff like “I do” in front of all your friends and family one glorious day in June several years ago. There’s a reason the beginning of a relationship is called the “honeymoon phase” – everything is wine and roses. And then real life sets in.
So is he an Arnold Schwarzenegger to your Maria Shriver? A Tony Parker to your Eva Longorio? An Ashton Kutcher to your Demi Moore? Celebrity cheating scandals happen all the time. But we accept that type of TMZ-behavior as acceptable in Hollywood. Kristen Stewart cheated on Robert Pattinson and shacked up with her movie director. Brad Pitt ditched Jennifer Aniston for co-star Angelina Jolie. Ethan Hawke was embroiled in a nanny scandal when he was married to Uma Thurman. (So cliche!)
Remember that public apology from Tiger Woods? His golf game has never been the same since! It was reported that Tiger slept with up to 19 mistresses during his marriage. And it goes on and on. People love reading about this stuff, and the National Enquirer and other publications hav been around for years, always with a captive audience and a rabid readership. But what happens when it hits home?!
Remember those vows of yours? Lately, that until-death-do-you-part kind of love doesn’t seem like it’s going to make it until death do you part after all. Especially since you’ve started to suspect that he’s cheating on you. You can drive yourself crazy thinking about it, turning over events in your head, and you might even go as far as stalking him when he goes to work.
But how can you be sure? Short of finding him in bed with some hussy he met at work or online, proving he’s a cheat may be a truly difficult task … but not an impossible one! But before it gets that far, do some soul-searching, and see if the signs are there.
Below are 10 sure signs that help prove your one true love may be two-timing you. Beware!
- He takes his phone with him everywhere—even when he goes to the bathroom
- His appearance and personal habits have changed—new haircut, nicer clothes, cleaner car, joined a gym, etc.
- He makes or takes phone calls always out of earshot.
- There’s a sharp increase in his “need to be at work”.
- He’s hard to reach during the day—or even worse … at night!
- He freaks out when you pick up his phone.
- He’s been making a lot of new friends and they’re all women.
- He seems more secretive and non-committal about his day.
- He wants more “me time” and less “we time”.
- He stops initiating sex or says he’s too tired when you try to do it.