Minspy is a cell phone monitoring and tracking software specifically targeted towards anyone looking to keep their family and loved ones safe. The two products they offer are their iPhone No-Jailbreak Monitoring Software and Android Monitoring Software. Using their app, users can view several things on the target phone including call history, the device’s location, social media messages, and more.
When we looked further into Minspy, we noticed that this product is newer to the market. And in Minspy’s case, it doesn’t seem like the phrase “newer is better” applies. We searched for real customer reviews and found them to be quite negative. According to one customer on trustpilot.com:
“First Minspy did not want to give me a full refund – even though their software did not work as advertised (you cannot run the software in all new iOS devices – and Apple can confirm this!!). They then offered me only a 50% refund! What a cheek!
Second, the refund I received was not the full refund but they deducted some amount for transaction costs…
Third – if Minspy were more clear on what would make their software not work upfront, I would not have purchased it and lost some money and lots of time in the process. Their advertising is misleading!!! Be warned!”
From our experience reviewing cell phone monitoring and spy products, Minspy has a long way to go. Instead, we recommend going with a veteran product like Auto Forward. With Auto Forward, you get all the features you need to monitor a cell phone at a very affordable price (one-time payment of $29.99 or $69.99). Plus, their software is user-friendly and easy to install, even for those who aren’t very tech-savvy.
How Does Minspy Retrieve Phone Data?
With Minspy, there are a few different plans you can choose, ranging from $39.99/month to $399.99/month. The price per month decreases depending on whether you choose a 1, 3, or 12-month plan.
Once you purchase your plan, you follow the installation instructions provided by Minspy. For the iPhone tracking software, you just need to know the iCloud credentials associated with the target iPhone or iPad. For the Android tracking software, you need to physically install the app on the target device (no rooting necessary).
After the installation is complete, you will be able to view the target device’s data from a web browser.
What Are The Key Features of Minspy?
Minspy includes many features other monitoring apps have. The key features they often highlight include, but are not limited to:
- Call Tracker: See all outgoing and incoming call details, including call duration and timestamps.
- Track Texts: View all text messages and their contents, even deleted texts.
- GPS Location Tracker: Track a device’s GPS location and visited places.
- Messages: See private messages on Messenger, WhatsApp, Snapchat, Instagram, Viber, and more.
- Browser History Viewer: Review the websites visited, frequency, bookmarks, and more from the target device.
- Stealth Mode: Monitor a device without being detected.
Is It Legal To Use Minspy?
Yes, just like Auto Forward, it is legal to use Minspy They even say on their website that it is “100% legal” to use. However, you must check your country and/or state laws before using the product, as laws and regulations may differ. The company only condones the legal use of its product by parents (or legal guardians) monitoring their children or by employers monitoring company-owned devices with employee consent.
Minspy vs. Auto Forward: Which Is Better?
When comparing Minspy and Auto Forward, there is a clear winner: Auto Forward.
- Price: First, Minspy is misleading on their website, claiming their product is “Free”. However, once you go through the process, you find out their product isn’t, with various packages that are overpriced. With Auto Forward, all you have to do is pay a one-time payment of $29.99 (Basic Plan) or $69.99 (Pro Plan). There is an additional charge if you wish to monitor multiple devices.
- Features: Both products include very similar features like viewing texts, call history, GPS location tracking, and much more. However, some features Auto Forward has that Minspy does not are remote picture taking, search alerts, and remote uninstall.
- Veteran Monitoring Product: Auto Forward is a reliable option as it has been around for quite some time. It has a loyal customer base of over 1 million users to date and is considered one of the best cell phone monitoring software programs on the market.
Looking for other top-rated cell phone spy apps? Click here.