Smartphone users often wonder – how to find someone’s location by cell phone number? For parents, most wish to know where their kids are hanging out. For employers, they want to ensure productivity is met including those remotely working.
Regardless of your reason for locating someone by cell phone, tracking people is no longer just possible in Sci-fi movies but in real life as well. In fact, due to constant technological advancements, even the less tech-savvy users can easily do so.
So, whether you’re a parent or an employer, continue reading. We’ll be sharing some tips that answer ‘how do you track someone’s cell phone?’. Whether you’re tracking an Android or an iOS device, these step-by-step procedures will help.
Is It Possible To Track Someone’s Location Using Their Phone Number?
Have you always been wondering, ‘How to find someone’s location by cell phone number?’, ‘Can you find someone by their phone number?’ Or, ‘Can I actually operate such complicated software?’
The short answer is YES – it’s possible to track someone by their phone number. Plus, there are easy ways to find a person by their cell phone.
All these questions and concerns about tracking devices using phone numbers are probably because of the old ways people used to do so. Methods like IMEI tracking, Google Maps, or phone carrier location tracking services could be effective. However, these aren’t as efficient or as convenient as the utilization of reliable monitoring apps to find someone by cell phone number.
The above options would most likely require in-depth knowledge or skill of API programming and development. The latter option, on the other hand, would only require basic knowledge of an iPhone or Android device.
Moreover, you not only get to locate someone by their cell phone but you also gain access to other information from the target device after installing premium software like Auto Forward. Aside from GPS locations, generated reports may contain:
- Sent and received text messages or iMessages (including archived or deleted ones).
- Emails and chats within third-party chats or providers.
- Incoming and outgoing call logs.
- Address books or contact lists.
- Files including photos, videos, documents, and the like (regardless of the format).
- Activities on social networking sites, gaming platforms, and any other installed app.
- Searches and sites visited through internet web browsers.
How To Find Someone’s Location By Cell Phone Number
It is possible to locate a person by their cell phone number. However, you may be still wondering how to find someone’s location by cell phone number freely and remotely?
We’ve done in-depth research on how to find someone by their cell phone. After a series of thorough searches, here is what we’ve discovered.
IMEI or International Mobile Equipment Identity pertains to the 15-digit code which serves as an identity certificate of a certain phone. While this could be one of the most accurate ways to track devices or track people by phone number, it requires several steps to do so. First, gain access to the device’s IMEI number. This can be found in the device or on the device’s package. Then, locate reliable IMEI tracker apps or reach out to your network provider.
Phone’s Built-in Location Tracker
Utilizing built-in phone tracking options is another guaranteed and accurate way to track devices or locate a person by phone. The thing is, however, the location tracker setting must be enabled on the device you wish to track. Hence, it defies the very meaning of remote monitoring or tracking.
For instance, if you’re tracking an Android phone, access to location permissions must be allowed and the target device must be connected to the internet for the data uploading to go through. In most versions, GPS trackers for Androids are usually linked to Google Map. Some Android device tracking options include the Find My Device App, Google Family Link, and other third-party applications.
By default, iOS device locations are tracked by Apple for location-based ads, alerts, services, and the like. These, however, are end-to-end encrypted to ensure privacy as per their terms of service. For personal or external location sharing/tracking, Apple has incorporated the Find My iPhone feature. Then again, this must be activated within the target device for continuous uploading to iCloud. If it is, all you need to do is log into your iCloud account online and select the iPhone which you want to track.
Third-Party Spy Software
Monitoring apps, like Auto Forward, provide remote and real-time access to the target device. It tracks within 50 feet of the actual location and feeds data every 10 minutes. Such programs come with a price, but these are efficient, reliable, and convenient. In just 3 easy steps, you can start tracking your loved ones or employees.
- Install The AppMost apps, including Auto Forward, offer remote installation. From downloading to activating, the overall setup process typically takes a few minutes only.
- Extraction of DataAs soon as the software’s activated, it will start running in the background, extracting data like GPS locations. The software then simultaneously or regularly uploads all the gathered data.
- Location of DeviceFrom your personal dashboard or cloud-based control panel, view the complete address of the target phone. The current location is typically shown in map form with a separate report detailing previous location logs.
How To Track Someone’s Phone Location By Number On Android
So, how do you locate someone quickly? As previously mentioned, devices typically offer a built-in location tracker. This could come in handy should you need to locate someone by cell phone number. For Android phones, here’s how to find where someone is.
- Install the Find My Device app from the Google Play Store.
- Launch the app then sign in using any active Google account you want to use the service with.
- Allow location access to the Find My Device application.
- Provided the device is connected to the internet, start tracking the phone. This also comes with extra features like remote locking and remote erasing.
Should you want to locate a person by cell phone number using third-party monitoring software, it will also work on any Android device. Auto Forward, for instance, is compatible with Android phones run by OS Android 3-10, including:
- Google Pixel, and more
Auto Forward can begin to find location by cell number in just three quick and easy steps.
- Install The AppSimply click on the Download or Buy Now button within the website of the software you wish to purchase. Some offer one-time payment only while others require monthly subscriptions. Others provide a free trial to allow users to try out the program.
- Install The ApplicationOnce the product is purchased, the installation process will begin. Most apps utilize OTA (over-the-air) links to enable remote installation. In other instances, you could download the app using only the target device’s phone number or phone provider account credentials. Meaning, you won’t need physical access to the target device to install the app.
After setup, input a license key or a unique code. This is typically sent separately for privacy and security purposes. To fully activate the program, you will need the license key.
- Start Today!Once everything’s set, start tracking the device. Enter your login credentials to access your personal dashboard, cloud-based account, or online control panel. This is where you may view the location of the phone and all previous location logs.
How To Track Someone’s Phone Location By Number On iOS
iOS devices also offer features that could greatly help in locating a person by cell phone. Like Android’s Find My Device, Apple has a Find My iPhone which provides similar features. You cannot only reveal a person’s location but also remotely lock the target phone or even remotely erase data. All these are possible provided the iOS device is connected to the internet.
- Navigate to the Apple device’s Settings page.
- Tap on the Apple ID located on the top.
- Tap on iCloud.
- Select Find My iPhone and switch the button to enable.
- Using your iCloud credentials, easily track the iOS device.
Spy software also works with any Apple device or iOS version. Auto Forward, for example, works on all iPhones and iPads. Including the iPhone 12, iPhone 11, iPhone SE, and iPhone X. It’s also compatible with devices running iOS 7 to 14.
So, you’re still wondering how you locate a person by their cell phone number? Or you can track someone with their phone number? We have the best option for you. This is because monitoring programs like Auto Forward aren’t limited to just phone numbers to function properly. Aside from the phone number, you could download the app using Apple credentials or OTA (over-the-air) link.
In most cases, spy software offers jailbreak and non-jailbreak versions.
- Non-Jailbreak VersionIf you’re only looking into tracking GPS locations, stick with the non-jailbreak version to keep the iPhone’s warranty. By default, this is what you’ll get when initially installing spy software.
- Jailbreak VersionJailbreak versions offer geofencing features aside from GPS location tracking. Also, this premium package includes several other features.
Why Do You Need To Find Someone?
Now that you’ve learned how to find a person’s location with a cell phone number, why should you? Users looking for ways on how to find someone’s location using their cell phone number have different reasons for doing so. Some may search the phone number’s location to track the phone itself, in case it’s stolen or lost. Some may also search locations by phone number to keep track of a person’s whereabouts. Whatever the reason may be, knowing you can find someone by phone number may provide you peace of mind.
Monitoring Your Loved One’s Whereabouts
If you’re a parent and your kids have their own phones, keeping track of them is key. Are they where they should be? Did they get home safely? It’s getting late, where are they?
All these and similar concerns can be addressed by searching their location through their phone number. You can also utilize it to monitor your spouse’s whereabouts. Say, it’s your anniversary and you want to surprise them. You wouldn’t want them to be home before everything’s set up right?
Keeping Track of Employees
As an employer, you can monitor employees through their company-issued phones. Are they in the field or wherever they should be working?
Now you have the answer to the question, Can you track someone with their phone number? There may be free and supposedly ‘easy’ ways on how to find someone’s location by phone number. However, spy software still provides more accurate and guaranteed results to find a person’s location. Spy and monitoring software lets users track someone by phone number. But that’s only the tip of the iceberg.
You can monitor other phones and even online activities. It’s a great digital parenting partner and an efficient employee-monitoring tool. People don’t even need to be tech-savvy to take advantage of this tool. Simply choose the best spy software for you.