How Do You Track a Family Member’s iPhone In 2022
Various technological advancements have paved the way in creating sophisticated and cutting-edge smartphones, like the iPhone that we know and enjoy today. On top of that, such advancements have allowed us to get in touch with just about anyone across the world, anytime we want. We have also been made capable of keeping tabs on our family’s and other loved ones’ exact location in real-time.
The iPhone has always been known for the top-tier security they provide for their users. As part of such security measures, they allow one to track family iPhone locations. This can come in handy in case of emergencies or when someone’s iPhone gets lost or stolen. Read this ‘How Do You Track a Family Member on an iPhone in 2022 guide to learn more.
How To Track An iPhone Using the Find My App Iterations
How can I find my iPhone from another iPhone? Is there a way to find a family member’s iPhones? How can I find my family’s iPhone location in real-time? Do you find yourself asking questions similar to the aforementioned? Well, one of the many excellent features of the iPhone is it allows you to find your or that of a family member’s iPhone.
The Find My feature is a combination of the Find My iPhone and Find My Friends apps. It enables iPhone users to know exactly where an iPhone is at any given time. This is indeed a useful feature in case you lose or misplace your iPhone, or worse, in case it gets stolen. It allows you to track and recover an iPhone, or secure the data it contains in case you’re unable to recover it.
Here’s how to use the Find My feature:
For iOS 13 or Later
If you are utilizing an iPhone 13 or later model, do the following:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name at the top of the page. This will bring you to your Apple ID page.
- Tap the Find My app.
- Next, tap the switch next to Share My Location (if the switch is green, that means it’s been enabled).
- Click the Find My iPhone tab located at the top of the screen.
- Tap the switch next to Find My iPhone to activate it and reveal two more options.
- Next, tap the switch next to “Enable Offline Finding” and Send Last Location. Voila, you can now track your iPhone utilizing the Find My app on another iPhone or iOS device, and the iCloud website.
For iOS 12 and Earlier
If you are utilizing iPhone 12 or an earlier version, here’s what you should do:
- Open the Settings app.
- Tap your name located at the top of the screen.
- Tap iCloud, then Find My iPhone.
- Next, tap Find My iPhone to enable this feature.
- Make sure to also enable Send My Last Location. This will enable you to see your iPhone’s last known location even if it has been turned off or if the battery dies.
- You can now locate your phone utilizing the Find My iPhone app on another iOS device or in any web browser.
How To Track A Family Member’s iPhone Using Family Sharing
Apple’s Family Sharing feature enables you and up to five other family members to share iTunes and App Store purchases, Apple Music, iCloud Storage, screen time, Apple subscriptions, and family sharing location. If you’re the one to set up Family Sharing, then you’ll be what Apple calls the Family Organiser. This means that you’ll be able to choose the features that your family shares and invite the members to join your Family Sharing group.
To utilize Family Sharing, all family members will need to have iOS 8 and later. Also, each family member can only be in one family group at a time. You can, however, switch to a different family group but only twice a year. You may also want to check out Apple’s support page on how to set up an Apple ID for a child under 13 which would allow them to be part of your Family Sharing group.
Set Up Family Sharing
Family Sharing is easy to set up and works across iOS devices and Macs. Do the following to start enjoying the benefits of Family Sharing.
- Open Settings on the iPhone.
- Tap your name on the iCloud banner at the top.
- Tap on Family Sharing to get started.
- Choose the first feature you want to share with your family (Location Sharing in this case), then tap Next.
- Choose a Shared Payment method. Take note that this card will be utilized in paying for purchases by all family members.
- Click Next.
- Tap on Invite Family Members. Enter the security number for your Shared Payment card if requested.
- Send an invitation through iMessage, in person, or create a new child account. (iOS 10 and earlier allows you to invite family members by tapping on Get Started and following the on-screen instructions. iOS 11 and later gives provides the option to invite someone in person.)
Locate The iPhone using Family Sharing
Once you’re done setting up Family Sharing, you can now utilize it to find a family member’s iPhone. Take note, however, that you need to have the Find My iPhone app to track the devices in your Family Sharing group. Also, everyone must have granted Find My iPhone access for such devices to be tracked.
Now, here’s how to find a family member’s iPhones using Family Sharing.
- Launch the Find My iPhone app.
- Sign in to your personal iCloud account.
- Tap on the device you wish to track to receive more information. Take note that your own devices show up at the top and then followed by everyone else’s.
- Opt to Play Sound if the person isn’t sharing their location. You also have the option to lock the device or erase it. Also, pan and zoom around the map and tap on any device to view more information about it.
How To Find A Family Member’s iPhone Using Highster Mobile
Are there any other ways to find my family’s iPhone location? Well, the short answer to this is yes! Is there a reliable location family app I can use which would yield results? Again, the answer to this is yes.
Aside from the built-in feature of the iPhone, another great option to locate a family member’s iPhone, Apple watch, or any other iOS device is with the use of a reliable family location sharing or tracking app. One such app is Highster Mobile.
Highster Mobile is a product of the well-known and reputable company, The Powerline Group Corp. It is a reliable parental control app that works amazingly as a find your family app. It allows you to keep tabs on your child’s or any other family member’s location along with other device activities. This time, let’s take a closer look at Highster Mobile’s my family location app’s features.
- The app’s location feature allows you to pinpoint the location of the target device (within 50ft from the actual location).
- It has a Geofence feature that will help to ensure your family members, especially your kids, stay within the safe zone. You will receive a notification if they cross the border set or enter unsafe places.
- It comes with an accessible and intuitive web-based control panel dashboard where you can track GPS locations in real-time.
Here’s a complete guide on how to use Highster Mobile, one of the best family location sharing and family tracking apps on the market, to track a family member’s iPhone.
- Visit Highster Mobile’s official website to take a quick tour.
- Select the package you wish to avail of, and ensure the iPhone you’ll be monitoring is supported.
- Provide all necessary details and wait for the verification.
- Open the confirmation email, click on the provided link to download and login using the target user’s iCloud credentials.
- Activate the software utilizing a unique license key to be provided separately.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to fully install and set up the app.
- Access your dashboard then navigate to the map displaying the current location information and real-time GPS coordinates updates.
Aside from being a great ‘find my family’ iPhone app, Highster Mobile also supports great features like web filters, app blocks, screen time, and more.
How To Stop The Share Location iPhone Feature
In case you wish to stop sharing your location, here’s how to do so.
Stop Location Sharing with Apps and Services
- Go to Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Location Services and turn it off.
Take note that turning off Location services may affect how some apps and services work. Hence, if you wish to grant location access to particular apps like Maps, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, then allow specific apps, in this case, Maps, to use location services.
Stop Location Sharing in the Find My App
- Go to Settings.
- Select Privacy.
- Select Location Services.
- Select Share My Location and turn it off.
- You can also turn off Find My iPhone on this tab in case you think someone has access to your Apple ID.
Stop Location Sharing on the Find My App with A Particular Person
- Open Find My app.
- Go to the People tab.
- Select the individual then tap Stop Sharing My Location.
Benefits of Location Sharing With Family Members
Sharing your location, at least to the people you fully trust, has great benefits. Here are some of the benefits of enabling Location Sharing with a user’s Family Group.
- Have a better chance of locating your, or a family member’s, lost or stolen iPhone.
- In case the iPhone can no longer be found, you can erase the stored data to protect your privacy and security.
- Keep track of your family’s location to ensure their safety.
Cell phone spy software enthusiast and researcher. With over 8 years in the business I can offer the most comprehensive analysis and recommendations for virtually any program on the market. Learn more about Pat Stanley.
Highster Mobile Review
Excellent for spying on iPhones and iPads. Free lifetime upgrades and LIVE people answering the phones. Free upgrades and no monthly fees.
Auto Forward Review
Great for beginners! Easy to download and easy to use. 800 number with LIVE people to answer questions and assist you if you run into problems.
Easy Spy Review
Just like its name, it’s easy-to-use. Perfect for the novice user. It is one of the most advanced cell phone tracking and monitoring software
Spy on Text Messages Without Having the Phone, Can it be Done ?
Molly Nelson can be miles from her daughter but still know when she has sent or received a text message.
Can You Spy on a Cell Phone Without Having Access to the Phone?
We have a story that should raise red flags for all of us who rely on our cell phones.
How to Use Cell Phone Monitoring Software on Your Teenagers Mobile Device
Do you know who your teenager is communicating with?