Business owners who can’t afford to lose money due to lazy or careless employees may want to know activity engaged on their cell phone. A large number of adults engage in cell phone activity during the day. It is okay to have a brief conversation on your cell during your break, but to keep playing games, texting or watching videos during company time is not only distracting; it can cause employers to lose money.
Employers can now monitor employee cell phone use with cell phone monitoring software. This gives employers a good idea of when unnecessary activity is being conducted on cell phones during work hours. This may be an investment worth looking into. Here are steps to consider in obtaining monitoring software for employee cell phones.
Get Tips on Recommended Spy Options Good for Employers
There are various spy software programs for mobile usage to learn about. It helps to find software options business owners recommend for a number of reasons. Employers may give specific details about the software program they found helpful in monitoring their employees. There could be reviews based on activity they learned their employees were doing that was distracting to their work. Others may mention features they like that helped them know where their employee is, who they get in touch with on their device, and overall time spent during each session with their cell phone. Many feel cell phone spy software helps them be where they can’t when things gets busy on the job.
Determine Best Times to Use Monitoring Software
When you choose a good option based on your software compatibility and mobile device, you can determine times throughout the day to monitor the target cell phone in question. How you go about the process depends on the option you choose. You can have reports sent to your mobile device or email when activity is detected on the target cell phone. If you don’t schedule alerts to learn when activity occurs, you can have a log saved you can retrieve later. Based on your business hours and number of hours your employee should be working, you may determine the best times to track activity on their device. Trusted cell phone monitoring options let you control when content is shared and accessed.
Review Activity Conducted on Cell phone and Take Necessary Action
So, what activity have you found? At this point you have assessed various types of activity from incoming to outgoing calls, text messages and web surfing. You may have found out other locations your employee traveled to. Here is when you start assessing activity to determine if additional action needs to be taken. This will depend on activity found on the device and whether security of confidential information is an issue. If they are found using their device too often you may consider giving a verbal warning about continuous usage during work hours. If confidential information with intent to be detrimental to the business is found with your monitoring take action immediately.
Wondering how you can use this type of cell phone monitoring software to your advantage in the work place? Here are just a few tips on how to use mobile monitoring software to check employee cell phone use:
Employees slacking on the job due to excessive cell phone use may get a wake up call from employers using cell phone monitoring software. Employers worried about business information being shared or employees being distracted chatting on social networks has a tool to give more leverage. When a cell phone is issued for business purposes and you want to make sure employees abide rules applied this is a convenient and discreet way to learn details. Here are steps you need to know in order to monitor employee cell phone use.
- Outline concerns you may have about how employees use mobile devices. Doing this will help you focus on mobile monitoring products with the right features. If you are concerned about confidential information being shared you may be interested in text message monitoring or reviewing of call logs.
- Find cell phone monitoring options that will help you monitor concerns. Compare options based on features you will find most useful. You can choose from a wide variety of options but keep your concerns in mind as you compare. Use sources with comprehensive information about features and recommendations from consumers using the product. Other details to pay attention to including operation software and compatibility.
- Download software option and get it connected to the target phone of interest. Once you have made your decision on software to get make your purchase and get it downloaded. The process includes downloading your remote web portal; your control panel allowing you to learn about target phone activity. You are able to access this portal at any time once you connect it to the device. You can review activity on the device at any time and remain discreet.
- Set up alerts to receive and schedule time to assess cell phone activity. Once the target phone is connected you can get reports on activity as it occurs. You can get notified of messages sent and received, email activity, social networking activity and more. You can learn about information being shared and received on the device while placing filters or blocking content. Depending on employee activity you will know which protection controls to consider. You may want to track where they are if they have a habit of showing up to work late. To do this use the cell phone spy software GPS feature and learn their location instantly.
- Bring up concerns to employee and suggest course of action. Decide how long to monitor the target cell phone or mobile device. You may want to access activity for a few days, a few weeks or throughout the course of a month. You can have a file or place to download records to review related to activity. If you notice actions conducted on the mobile device in question that violate company policy bring this to the attention of appropriate personnel immediately. At least you have proof of something that could contribute to company earnings and put a stop to it before it costs the company more money.